bakeca incontri palerm FemtoLASIK (FemtoLaser in situ keratomileusis) is a modern diopter correction method, indicated for: myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism. The technique requires two types of laser: Femto Laser and Excimer. The femtosecond laser cuts out a customized corneal flap, like a “lid”, with an accuracy of less than one micron. The dioptres are corrected by the Excimer laser. Thanks to the with vertical edges, which follow the corneal curvature, the lid can then be placed back easily.
conocer chicos almudévar How Femtolasik is done ??
1.The femtosecond laser creates a corneal ﬂap
2.The patient is moved to The excimer laser
3.The surgeon opens the ﬂap and folds it back to expose the lower corneal layer (stroma) beneath
4.The excimer laser ablates the pre-calculated amount of corneal tissue, point by point
5.After the laser surgery is complete, the flap is returned to its original position It then adheres in the original place over time
Which are the required for this surgery and where can they be performed?
All starts with a clinical examination investigation and a set of ophthalmological tests, based on which your Doctor establishes if you are a proper/good candidate for laser surgery and decides which technique suits you the best.
The required investigations are:
- The visual acuity tested with the best optical correction;
- Kerato-refractometry test;
- The diameters of the pupil and the cornea;
- corneal pachymetry (thickness);
- corneal topography (map);
- Pentacam corneal examination;
- ocular biometry calculated with IOL Master 500;
- visual field testing;
- determination of intraocular pressure;
- Auto kerato-refractometry test after the instillation of cycloplegic drops. Caution! It is not recommended that the patients drive under the influence of drops!
- eye fundus examination.